Sunday, April 24, 2011

Books

The Kite Runner presented an insightful meaning of loyalty and betrayal between friendship to me. I thought the book is well written and it gives an emotional impact. The characters in the book is very easy to relate to because all of us have been through tough times of friend ship.

I felt an intimate connection to The Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston because the novel is about a Chinese-American girl trying to find her identity. The novel is written with an aspect of supernatural and reality tied together. I can relate to the protagonist in ways of searching for an identity myself.

Another novel that I quite enjoyed is GOTH by Otsu-ichi. It is a Japanese physiological horror novel that I thought really gave me different perspectives on life. I love reading about the dark sides of human and this novel defined obsession in a way that was different that what I expect it was.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your book choices, specifically Goth. It sounds pretty interesting and definitely something I might pick up and read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choices. They all have a dark side in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Kite Runner is one of my favorite books! GOTH sounds really interesting. That just might be my next read!

    ReplyDelete