Sunday, June 19, 2011

class highlights

After taking this class, I view  the first amendment in a different way. At first I was a bit ignorant as to how much we can use the first amendment as one of our rights. Now that I am more aware of this right, I have become more careful as to what I post or say on the internet. I now know that we are protected from the government for our first amendment but not corporate companies.
here's is a video clip about a young man who got fired because he mentioned about the company and job he works at in a video:


I view the media as another tool for our society to be kept under somewhat a hegemonic control. From this class I intake different perceptions of what the messages the media put out for people. It's made me realize some of the effects the media has on my own personal lifestyle.

1 comment:

  1. Good observations on the First Amendment. Good luck with your education!

    ReplyDelete