one of my favorite commercials ever is for DHL delivery service. The advertisement is directed and made in Korea.
one of the propaganda techniques that this advertisement uses is the
slogan technique. At the end of the video, the DHL slogan is "we deliver. whatever" it appeals to the audience because the slogan phrases that they can deliver any kind of item or in this case, a kiss. The commercial uses a comedic approach which gives a light heart sentimental feeling to the phrase.
Another technique this advertisement uses is the half-truth. The commercial states that they are able to deliver anything, but in fact it is common sense that kisses or affection can not be delivered by delivery service men.
I was not expecting the two guys to kiss at all! I love the comedic effect of this commercial. I think the background music contributes a lot to that.
ReplyDeleteThat was very amusing, couldn't get away with making an ad like that here!
ReplyDeleteGood one. Illustrates cultural differences. U.S. is not ready!
ReplyDelete